Raleigh, NC 27604
As we grow, duties and responsibilities will increase. You should be a ‘doer’, vs. a ‘director’. Everyone on the team does ground up work – in this case this means general book keeping in addition to high level work. You should be comfortable with a very high rate of change, embrace the noise and keep a clear focus on the goals – all while doing whatever it takes to get there!
Generally, you will manage return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
Public company reporting experience preferred.
International experience preferred.
Acquisitions experience required.
Controller Job Duties:
- Assists & Guide financial decision making by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; producing weekly and quarter financial statements.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Works internationally, managing currency risk, collections and payables.
- Maintains related corporate financial information sets; cap tables, stock plans, awards, restrictions
- Manages contracts, renewals and partner agreements; reviews, completion and stewardship
- Designs and enforces relevant policies and procedures as required
- Works with outside counsel on legal and markets-related matters
- Works with outside CPA firm to deliver financial statements and supporting information
- Works with outside audit firm to complete audits and provide supporting information
- Manages according to an aggressive schedule, multiple deadlines, high rate of change and volume.
- Experience in M&A transactions – people, process and delivery.